The Indian newspaper industry is alive and well with nearly 118000+ newspapers still in circulation nationwide. What is more, they are still holding strong to their traditional ad formats like classifieds and display ads in print and digital formats. This article features 7 reasons why newspaper advertising still makes sense.
In fact, newspaper advertising boosts marketing ROI by three times on average. Combining print with television advertising makes TV twice as effective while combining print with online advertising makes digital four times more effective.
“It is clear that newspaper brands boost other media as well as performing a powerful role in their own right. Running a campaign without newspapers is like trying to bake a cake without baking powder,” said Rufus Olins, Newsworks CEO.
1. Built-in trust. Newspapers aren’t obsolete; they are still very relevant when it comes to marketing to specific demographics of consumers. Getting an ad placed in a newspaper means you are speaking to an audience who will be attentive to your message because they trust the information in that particular newspaper.
2. Newspaper Advertisements are cheap compared to TV and Radio. The cost of newspaper advertisements is also relatively cheap compared to other forms of advertising. Advertisers are able to get a lot more bang for their buck since it is cheaper than other forms of advertising. Moreover, newspapers are also one of the most trusted sources for news and information in communities. People often think about it as a way to stay connected with what is happening in their town or country. That is why they are not willing to give up on this form of advertising despite the emergence of new technologies.
3. Local and national reach. One great advantage of advertising in newspapers is that you have a clear idea of your target. If you are a local business looking to drive traffic to your brick-and-mortar location, remnant newspaper advertising is a solid solution. Equally compelling for businesses is the opportunity to reach outside of their locality and tap into the national market without sacrificing their demographic.
4. Various news sizes/dimensions. With newspaper ads, you can vary the size of your ad depending on your budget and the space available. Larger ads are often preferred, but running a series of smaller ads has also proven to be effective in many instances.
5. Huge brand recognition. Newspaper ads tend to get noticed and readers flipping through the pages are likely to be more aware of the things that they see. If you are able to consistently place ads within a newspaper, consumers who read newspapers regularly will notice and be more likely to listen to your message more than they would if it were presented on other marketing or advertising platforms.
hope you like this article!
if you want to publish your ads in the newspaper you can connect us.
Hariom Advertising Company