How to change your name officially

why one needs to change their name. there are many reasons one needs to change their name like a misspelling of the name, astrological or numerological reasons, marriage or divorce, merging of surnames of one’s child, unhappiness with one’s current name, the reasons are endless as to why someone would want to change their name.

Steps involved in changing your name

Step 1: To Create The Name Change Affidavit

The first step in the legal procedure is affidavit submission. You need to contact a notary to do the needful. The following steps would make the process simpler and clearer:

  • Approach your local notary and mention your request.
  • The notary will suggest the stamp paper of the required value on which the affidavit for the name change is made.
  • Once you have the paper, you need to provide the following details:
    a. Name and New name
    b. Current address
    c. Reason for the name change (Astrology, numerology, marriage, etc)
  • Once the affidavit is printed on a plain stamp paper, it needs to be signed by two witnesses. The legal procedure is to get it signed by two persons of gazetted officer rank. Ensure that you have their signature, along with their stamp (rubber stamp).
  • The procedure for a name change, in the case of a central government employee, needs to be done in lieu with the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M. No. – 190016/1/87-Estt. Dated 12.03.1987. Ask the Notary for advice or read the guidelines.
  • Married women, who would like to change their surname or add their husband’s name as initials, are required to provide the following details:

The affidavit reflects both your old and new names. Affidavits can be used for changing the whole name, surname, or just a few letters.

Keep a copy of the affidavit. This is a crucial document and comes in handy for any future legal formalities.
For overseas Indians, who would like to change their name, one needs to submit a deed stating the change of name, duly signed by the Indian High Commission office or the Indian Embassy.

Step 2: To Place an Advertisement

If you have made the affidavit, the next step is to publish an advertisement/notification in the local newspaper that you have changed your name. For this, you need to select two newspapers, one published in the official language of the state and the other, an English daily.

after going through this process you can feel some headaches to follow this procedure so here we Hariom Advertising come you don’t need to go anywhere we will take care of your Affidavit and Name change newspaper Ads you just need to call us at 9811555181 after completing this two-step one step remains.

some examples of name change ads

Step 3: Gazette Publication

We are at the end now, with just the Name Change Gazette Procedure remaining. Once your gazette notification is published, your name change will be legally complete.

The name change gazette notification is mandatory for those in employment with the government and optional for others. However, it is substantial proof of your name change. Since it just involves sending a few documents for publication, it may make sense to go through with it.

Hope you liked this article and if you have any questions regarding Name Change you can contact Us:

Mobile: 9811555181 9711009701

WhatsApp No. 9811555181

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *